Sunday, August 24, 2014

Day 17 - Anticipation


OK, I know it is a strange photo - well, not really once you get to know me.  I am a list maker, planner, documenter . . . you get the picture (pun intended).  Our summer in the Cincinnati area is coming to an end:  I am entering the happy phase of Anticipation.

The Story - In The Happiness Project, Gretchen Rubin writes about the 4 stages of happiness -
 anticipate with pleasure, 
 savor the moment as I experience it,
 express my happiness to myself or others, and
 reflect on a happy memory.

I have always enjoyed the planning phase of a trip  Where should we go?  What should we do?  We could go here - no, let's head there.  So many possibilities, so much to explore.    Ideas are starting to flow.  

What we do know - Christmas and New Year's in Las Vegas is going to happen this year.  We were just able to make reservations for the last 2 weeks of the year in Las Vegas.   Now that should be some great people watching.  

Now to decide where to go and what to do between now and then . . . .  Aah, the Anticipation.




No comments:

Post a Comment