Friday, August 22, 2014

Day 2 - Chow Down Bee




Today is bike ride 1 of 62.  Riding allows me to be in the moment and to slow down and see what is happening along the trail.   This ride I was enjoying the wild flowers along the trail.  Stopping to take a picture, I found this bee hungrily eating.  Can you say "honey"?


Today's ride was on the Simon Kenton Trail,  Springfield to Urbana.
22 miles 

The Story - It was on this ride that the idea of the 365.62.24 project was born.   As I was riding, I was reflecting on my birthday and thinking about some of the "I want to's" that I often talked about.  I want to take more and better photos;  I want to ride my bike; and I want to get rid of this extra weight.  And suddenly it hit me - The Power of A Year.  

If I took a picture each day - 365 days, I would be capturing memories of the year.  By focusing on at least one picture a day, I would stop and appreciate the moments throughout the day.  And by snapping pictures daily, it would motivate me to improve my skill.  I want my pictures to tell a story.

I love riding my bike;  so make it happen.  

And that extra weight I have been lugging around.  In reality, if I move more - i.e. ride my bike, hike, and walk and just eat a little less;  it should be gone in a year.  Think about it - that's 2 lbs./month.  

No comments:

Post a Comment