Friday, August 22, 2014

Happy Birthday Karen - Celebrate the Year!

I have just celebrated a new birthday which means which means for me spending some time pondering what I think of as a theme for the upcoming year.  This year is about taking action;  making some of my "want to do" happen.  You know those things, you sit around talking about doing some day.  Well this year is about DOING 3 of those things.

Being a project person, I have created the "365.62.24 hike project" to help with this year's action theme.
  • 365 - Using a camera to record memories has long been a wish of mine.  So each day, I will shot pictures of what is happening around me.   The idea is to select the one photo that tells the story of the day. 
  • 62 - I love to ride my bicycle.  I have always loved riding my bike.  I am a recreational bike rider;  no speed racing;  no extreme cycling for me.  I just love the feeling of pedaling a bike and experiencing the world around me.  Riding Rail to Trails around the US is my style of riding.  At one time, a friend gave me a goal of always be able to ride my age in miles.  At this time, I am not ready/capable of riding 62 miles in a day.  (Flash, I just celbrated my 62nd birthday.) What I can do is complete 62 rides (of at least 10 Miles) this next year.  
  • 24 - is about losing the weight I have found over the last 7 years.  I will live much better without them.  Enough said.
  • hike - is Ted's contribution or more specifically the first word out of his mouth as I filled him in  on the 365.62.24 project.
Enough yapping - on to the photos and ride post.  (Side note - I am 2 weeks/14 days into this year;  so have fun catching up with me.)

Day 1 - Tecumseh and Clark -  two sides of the story.  


The Story - I am in Springfield, OH walking in General George Rogers Clark park.  This is where the Battle of Piquia took place 8/8/1780 (note the date - 8/8 is the day I am visiting the park).    General George Rogers Clark defeated the Shawnee Indians which according to history opened the west (Ohio) to being settled.  The battle took place near the Shawnee village where Tecumseh was born.  

No comments:

Post a Comment